ANNOUNCEMENT


Worship with us @ Mountain of Fire Miracles Ministries, Budapest, Hungary Address: 1081 Bp II János Pál Pápa tér 2 (formerly Köztársaság tér) Direction: From Blaha, take tram 28, 28A, 37, 37A, 62...1 stop. From the traffic light cross to the other side... Or take Metro 4 & get off @ János Pál Pápa tér
Time of worship: Wednesdays @ 18:30 hr Sundays @ 10:30 hr
Tel: +36 203819155 or +36 202016005

God bless


Thursday 17 January 2013

OPINIION


 If given 72 hours to live
 By Odimegwu Onwumere

On the theme, what would you do if you were told you have 72 hours to live?”  It is the tree that stands when plan to cut it down is mapped, but human being would run.

Life is so meaningful to the living. Telling a man that he has just 72 hours to live is not a tea party. But, it all depends. Assuming that the man is 90 years of age, he may not be perturbed, but a young man will be perplexed.

However, the theme of this competition is dicey and extraordinary. Such news might come, but it all depend the organization (occult) the person is a member. If the person had been given such a mandate in the form he filled before his membership, the person might not be disturbed much because he already knew what the outcome of his membership was going to be. But assuming that I was sick and was related with such news by my doctor, I will be in an emotional trauma that will not come to an end till the expected happens.

One expression that I will exhibit if such information comes to me is SHOCK. I will be in a sober mood, and will amplify same information to my loved ones. But since I could not do more than the SHOCK to revert the mandate, I will prepare my mind to accept the worse mandates in the life of any man by always praying to my God for a blissful eternity.

Life is what matters most to everybody, irrespective of our pursuits and desires. On the bed-of-death, no one remembers his wealth, degrees and what have you, but wants his loved ones to be around him. I will begin to orchestrate my life towards accepting this timely death by telling my loved ones my predicament and seek their consolations everyday, which will be balm to my soul. Since life matters to me most, I will be dying in pains if I don’t compromise the life with the death; I will engage in writing consolation notes to my loved ones and posterity. If the LIFE is made to accept the death, the death will be seen as a friend, and not as an enemy.

I will begin to right and write all my belongings, to my people. I have myself to forgive, since I am the persona who is to die. I do not think that it is necessary to think of forgiving anybody at this point because none may come to me for forgiveness. It is not easy to remember all that have wronged us, so I will forgive if anybody makes an advance to me for such.

I will apologise to myself for forgiveness, in respect to my aborted hopes and aspirations in life. I will apologise to my loved ones to accept my death in good faith, since it is not my making and will never be revocable.

I have no long lost friend to find, except my ancestors whom I will be consulting, according to my tradition, to accept my soul for a blissful rest. I have to pray to nature to welcome my spirit.

I have nothing to bother about my family because some people have died in the family before me and the family continued to exist. Again, some couples couldn’t have their own children, yet they live. This implies that whether I was born in my family or not, the family would continue to exist and move on. No one has ever died because he or she lost a beloved one. Assuming that I am living but have no money to take care of my family, it is assumed that I am dead.

However, peace of the mind depends on one’s orientation because what one calls peace might be trouble in the other person’s calculation. I have this belief that even a suicide bomber is at peace with himself, during the period of carrying out the dastardly act. So, I will be at peace with the way I lived my life, because one does not change what he can not correct.

It is imperative to state that man should not be deterred by modern syndrome of stress. After all, in the ancient times, we read about men who paid the supreme prize with their lives in the course of redeeming their community or towns or mankind from external aggression. Some even asked their kinsmen to kill them, in order for the much sorted peace to reign. Death is part of spiritual enlightenment, all depends on belief. Imagine a Muslim who believes that if he dies in a war he is going to heaven; to such a believer, death means nothing during a war. What about a Christian who believes that man should be old before he dies? Or, a Hindu who believes in reincarnation? The handling of death depends on how we understand death.

My specific actions towards accepting the timely death is because I had known that, “A construction and fulfilling society must be based on the equal importance of both material and spiritual values. Since they are inseparable, there can be no mental well-being without physical well-being and vice-versa.”

My past and present could have physical significance, but what matters most is the future. And death is one of the futures that man expects in a life time. My life, my death, my family, my loved ones etc. are all elements of mine. So, they are important because no feather that is removed from the fowl that she will not make noise.

These people, in one way or another, we have influenced our lives at a fundamental level, at an enviable manifestation.

They would help me to appreciate my life fully when they come to accept the various ways of human existence by giving rise to optimism for my determination and joy.

My loved ones would have a sense of peace or place by what I do when they appreciate the fact that within the endeavours of the mind and body, equal opportunities are given. These things would direct them to spiritual enlightenment that man’s existence on earth is only but a shadow.

They should learn from my death that anything and everything in perspective wouldn’t have great meaning if they don’t transform. Only when the desire of understanding that death could come at anytime would corruption, bestiality, cruelty, life-force etc. abate, in the direction of creativity devoid of impelling the spiritual qualities inherent in our lives. Remember: “Fire is a good example of this transformation process. We use the logs of desire or suffering to build a fire of enlightened wisdom. Without the wood, light and heat cannot be generated...”

Odimegwu Onwumere, 
Poet/Author, Media/Writing Consultant and Motivator, Founder of PoetAgainst Child Abuse (PACA), Rivers State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT

COVER STORY

MY SMALL VOICE COLUMN

MY SMALL VOICE COLUMN
Odd jobs stacked against EU immigrants

COLUMN: MY SMALLVOICE

COLUMN: MY SMALLVOICE
TV2's false report about Nigerians in Hungary

MY SMALL VOICE

MY SMALL VOICE
Remembering a true prophet, Bob Marley...click on photo to read

MY SMALL VOICE

MY SMALL VOICE
Subsidising fraud & lies & blood...click on photo to read

MY SMALL VOICE:

MY SMALL VOICE:
Libya: The return of colonialist bondage.

Editor's Mail

Love the article on Gaddafi
We must rise above tribalism & divide & rule of the colonialist who stole & looted our treasure & planted their puppets to lord it over us..they alone can decide on whosoever is performing & the one that is corrupt..but the most corrupt nations are the western countries that plunder the resources of other nations & make them poorer & aid the rulers to steal & keep such ill gotten wealth in their country..yemen,syria etc have killed more than gadhafi but its not A̷̷̴ good investment for the west(this is laughable)because oil is not in these countries..when obasanjo annihilated the odi people in rivers state, they looked away because its in their favour & interest..one day! Samosa Iyoha

Hello from
Johannesburg
I was amazed to find a website for Africans in Hungary.
Looks like you have quite a community there. Here in SA we have some three million Zimbabweans living in exile and not much sign of going home ... but in Hungary??? Hope to meet you on one of my trips to Europe; was in Steirmark Austria near the Hungarian border earlier this month. Every good wish for 2011. Geoff in Jo'burg

I'm impressed by
ANH work but...
Interesting interview...
I think from what have been said, the Nigerian embassy here seem to be more concern about its nationals than we are for ourselves. Our complete disregard for the laws of Hungary isn't going to help Nigeria's image or going to promote what the Embassy is trying to showcase. So if the journalists could zoom-in more focus on Nigerians living, working and studying here in Hungary than scrutinizing the embassy and its every move, i think it would be of tremendous help to the embassy serving its nationals better and create more awareness about where we live . Taking the issues of illicit drugs and forged documents as typical examples.. there are so many cases of Nigerians been involved. But i am yet to read of it in e.news. So i think if only you and your journalists could write more about it and follow up on the stories i think it will make our nationals more aware of what to expect. I wouldn't say i am not impressed with your work but you need to be more of a two way street rather than a one way street . Keep up the good work... Sylvia

My comment to the interview with his excellency Mr. Adedotun Adenrele Adepoju CDA a.i--

He is an intelligent man. He spoke well on the issues! Thanks to Mr Hakeem Babalola for the interview it contains some expedient information.. B.Ayo Adams click to read editor's mail
Watch live streaming video from saharareporters at livestream.com

Popular Posts

Our Blog List