ANNOUNCEMENT


Worship with us @ Mountain of Fire Miracles Ministries, Budapest, Hungary Address: 1081 Bp II János Pál Pápa tér 2 (formerly Köztársaság tér) Direction: From Blaha, take tram 28, 28A, 37, 37A, 62...1 stop. From the traffic light cross to the other side... Or take Metro 4 & get off @ János Pál Pápa tér
Time of worship: Wednesdays @ 18:30 hr Sundays @ 10:30 hr
Tel: +36 203819155 or +36 202016005

God bless


Tuesday 14 November 2017

OPINION

The Devil at work (Personal Story)
By Shaibu Stephen Ojate

Image result for yaya bello picsOn 11th November 2017, I received calls from good friends on the post that appears on my wall. The Callers call to verify whether I am still on my facebook account and replied ‘Yes’ not knowing that something was fetching. He now preceded that if that is the case “why am I using it to insult our Governor?” It was at that level I now ask what he means by that. He then told me that a post emanated on my facebook wall where I called Governor Yahaya Bello a “useless person”.


Getting furious about this, I asked my wife to oblige me her phone to check post on my facebook account as mine has a problem and my laptop down with power. It was at that point I got to know that a post actually emanated from my facebook account via a Hacker.

I then called those who called me to intimate me about the new development on my facebook account that my laptop was down with power and that I shall visit any nearest business centre to power it and retrieve my facebook account. On powering my laptop and trying to log in, I discovered that the password to my facebook account and that of the yahoo mail ID account used to recover password change authentication were changed.

Thank God I still put up another recovery mail address for the yahoo mail ID account used on my facebook. It was by that means I successfully change the yahoo mail ID password and later proceeded to change the facebook password too.

In all, what do I have to say? The present hack on my facebook account by the enemy of progress has really shown the kind of society we live in. The attack on my account has shown that not all that portrayed themselves as good friends to me are a truly good friend indeed in view of disgusting response I receive on the hacked post mostly especially those I confided in and call good friends.

The hacking of my account has shown that truly Alhaji Yahaya Bello has many enemies to contend with. Now that I see reasons to join the new direction of our indefatigable Governor, they now hack my account to show their displeasure with my decision.

I must make it clear to the public that Alhaji Yahaya Bello who is the Governor of Kogi State today is a long time friend. We knew each other since 2010 when I was into full forex trading. I had traded and managed his personal forex trading account and even taught him in the house how to trade forex too.  I engaged in business with him with a high sense of faithfully and humility then unknown to me that one day he shall become the Governor of the State.

Also, Alhaji Yahaya Bello then took me as a younger brother to him to a level that I nearly have a room of my own in his personal house in zone 4 as I had slept there times without numbers. We related like brothers even before he sought for the highest position in the State. While he sought the position, I still remain supportive even though I did not make it known to all on the social media platform.

As one who loves him so much and wants him to succeed, when he became Governor, I always advise him whenever he erred in the affairs of the State and point out areas that needed a remedy. One of such constructive criticisms I have made in the past was for him to float a State-own-construction company to undertake the construction of all Kogi State and LGA(s) roads.

In that article, I posited that taking this measure will enhance the economic activities of the State as the State will spend less in paying the contractor for the construction of roads in the State which are mostly left uncompleted or abandoned after some time. I added that he can do better by using the State-owned Construction Company to bid for inter-State road contract across the nation as when he does this more income would be generated for the State and this will go along the way to enhance the internally generated revenue of the State.
 More money will be available to pay workers’ salary and more jobs would be created for our unemployed Youths. Thus, the security challenges occasioned by joblessness on the part of our Youths would be eliminated and eradicated.

This single good advice of mine I had given the Governor more than ten months ago, today I am very happy that he has started working on it. His administration last week announced the purchase of road construction machines and equipment to handle the construction of all roads in the State. This step taking by the Governor shows that he is a listening person. 
Also, following what I heard when I attended Kogi State social media summit last month, I also came to the realization that Governor Yahaya Bello means well for the State contrary to the false impression given by others about him on the social media platform.  It is in view of this I now decided to join his new direction team.

I want to say that my recent decision was stemmed from having seen him as one who is ready to listen and take correction.  I want to reiterate that even if I show open disdain for his actions and policy direction in the time past, I don’t play politics with bitterness. I play politics to advance the general interest of our society. This is why change is constant in my life.

I can not make Alhaji Yahaya Bello as my enemy because of ill-motivated interest just like many people have been doing. On this note, I subject myself to change whenever I see improvement. So, Alhaji Yahaya Bello is improving his policies and actions and decided to join him to take the State to the next level.

I, therefore, advise the enemy of progress to leave me alone in this my new decision as I have absolute freedom to dance to wherever I like and stop hacking my facebook account henceforth.  For those saying my recent article about Alhaji Yahaya Bello is to get a political appointment, please if that is what you term it to be, what is the crime in it?

I want to make it clear to these people that I shall grab it with happiness if Governor Yahaya Bello considers me worthy to serve the State. I would be very grateful to contribute my best for the development of the State as raining insult or making a false accusation against the Governor will not take the State to anywhere.

The attack on my facebook account has really shown that devil is at work in Kogi State. They shall not succeed in Jesus name?

Shaibu Stephen Ojate is a Journalist and public affairs commentator writes from Abuja. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT

COVER STORY

MY SMALL VOICE COLUMN

MY SMALL VOICE COLUMN
Odd jobs stacked against EU immigrants

COLUMN: MY SMALLVOICE

COLUMN: MY SMALLVOICE
TV2's false report about Nigerians in Hungary

MY SMALL VOICE

MY SMALL VOICE
Remembering a true prophet, Bob Marley...click on photo to read

MY SMALL VOICE

MY SMALL VOICE
Subsidising fraud & lies & blood...click on photo to read

MY SMALL VOICE:

MY SMALL VOICE:
Libya: The return of colonialist bondage.

Editor's Mail

Love the article on Gaddafi
We must rise above tribalism & divide & rule of the colonialist who stole & looted our treasure & planted their puppets to lord it over us..they alone can decide on whosoever is performing & the one that is corrupt..but the most corrupt nations are the western countries that plunder the resources of other nations & make them poorer & aid the rulers to steal & keep such ill gotten wealth in their country..yemen,syria etc have killed more than gadhafi but its not A̷̷̴ good investment for the west(this is laughable)because oil is not in these countries..when obasanjo annihilated the odi people in rivers state, they looked away because its in their favour & interest..one day! Samosa Iyoha

Hello from
Johannesburg
I was amazed to find a website for Africans in Hungary.
Looks like you have quite a community there. Here in SA we have some three million Zimbabweans living in exile and not much sign of going home ... but in Hungary??? Hope to meet you on one of my trips to Europe; was in Steirmark Austria near the Hungarian border earlier this month. Every good wish for 2011. Geoff in Jo'burg

I'm impressed by
ANH work but...
Interesting interview...
I think from what have been said, the Nigerian embassy here seem to be more concern about its nationals than we are for ourselves. Our complete disregard for the laws of Hungary isn't going to help Nigeria's image or going to promote what the Embassy is trying to showcase. So if the journalists could zoom-in more focus on Nigerians living, working and studying here in Hungary than scrutinizing the embassy and its every move, i think it would be of tremendous help to the embassy serving its nationals better and create more awareness about where we live . Taking the issues of illicit drugs and forged documents as typical examples.. there are so many cases of Nigerians been involved. But i am yet to read of it in e.news. So i think if only you and your journalists could write more about it and follow up on the stories i think it will make our nationals more aware of what to expect. I wouldn't say i am not impressed with your work but you need to be more of a two way street rather than a one way street . Keep up the good work... Sylvia

My comment to the interview with his excellency Mr. Adedotun Adenrele Adepoju CDA a.i--

He is an intelligent man. He spoke well on the issues! Thanks to Mr Hakeem Babalola for the interview it contains some expedient information.. B.Ayo Adams click to read editor's mail
Watch live streaming video from saharareporters at livestream.com

Popular Posts

Our Blog List